Birthday Party Ideas
Young people are no longer attracted to holidays in the “Soviet” style – with a generously laid table and a modest dance program, with smoke breaks on the balcony between meals. Today, completely different holidays are in fashion – fun birthday parties, where neither the birthday man nor his guests are bored.
Types of birthday parties
The main task of the holiday is to bring joy and make the day memorable. But to achieve your goal, you will have to spend a lot of time and effort. Those who do not have the time and imagination to organize a party turn to agencies whose specialists come up with an idea and develop a birthday script. But a self-organized evening is sometimes no worse than a project created by specialists.
The main conditions of a party in honor of the birthday man – it must correspond to his interests, character, mood and the concept of “a good holiday.” Another important point is the type of celebration. So, you can arrange:
- Theme parties (ideas depend on the interests of the birthday person and are limited solely by the possibility of their implementation in practice, for example, a Hawaiian-style birthday will look silly in a one-room city apartment, so if the birthday person does not have a dacha, it is better to come up with a different celebration concept);
- Bachelorette or stag parties – in this style, you can perfectly come up with a holiday to which no more than 5-7 friends of the birthday boy or girlfriends of the birthday girl are invited;
- Hooligan holidays – a key feature of such events – the presence of bold jokes, contests, jokes;
- Quests – what could be more interesting than a birthday party, which is arranged in the form of a quest, where the invitees need to get to the venue of the holiday by guessing numerous riddles. The birthday boy can direct the actions of the guests or participate in the quest on an equal footing with them – the idea is suitable for a company that loves outdoor activities;
- Surprise parties – such holidays are often shown in Hollywood films, so there will be no problems with preparation. The main thing is that the birthday man does not suspect that on his birthday, close and dear people will do everything on their own;
- Chamber festivities – very rich people invite artists, comedians, dancers to such parties, and in ordinary life, friends of the hero of the occasion have to perform, who prepared an unforgettable concert for him;
- Classic parties are traditionally arranged holidays with a “buffet”, with songs under karaoke, dance and competition program. They are suitable for those cases when a lot of diverse and mixed-age guests are invited, who cannot be united within the same theme.
When the type of party is chosen, you need to work on the scenario, venue and design of the holiday, as well as create a menu and a map of alcoholic beverages, taking into account the age and gender of those present.
7 creative birthday party themes
Theme parties remain the most popular today. Perhaps this is a tribute to trends, perhaps the desire of adults to return to childhood at least for a day, or the intention to diversify their lives and make life brighter so that unconventional dates and holidays remain in memory. What party themes can be adopted? We offer several non-standard ideas, as they are more or less easy to implement in practice.
The attributes of such a party will be tight pants and plaid jackets, bright ties and wide bell skirts, plastic jewelry and babette hairstyles. Old records are suitable for decorating the apartment, and compositions by Elvis Presley and the Bravo group will be the musical accompaniment. The program can include a competition for the best performance of rock and roll, the most original outfit and the most unusual toast, made up of dude slang.
2. Military Party
How to arrange a holiday in military style? Prepare camouflage suits, introduce strict discipline and a system of military ranks for all participants in the celebration. It is better to organize an event in nature, including a game of paintball in the program, a fun competition for physical training, and create an obstacle course that each participant needs to go through. Well, in order for the table to match the theme, you need to include stew with porridge and black bread in the menu, using pewter utensils for serving.
3. Western in the Wild West
Many adult men and women love westerns and this idea can be used as the basis for a themed party. What attributes will be indispensable in this case? Wide-brimmed hats and wide-leg jeans, neckerchiefs, fringed leather vests and plaid shirts will transform those present into saloon-goers. And toy guns, whiskey bottles, looped ropes, stylized straw bags, corn cobs decorating the table will create the right atmosphere. The musical accompaniment of the event is country music. And in the outdoor entertainment program you need to include target shooting, tricks with a lasso, quizzes on the history of America or the state of Texas. Please note that a lot of cowboy-style bars are now open, so you can celebrate your birthday there by making the famous bull contest a “chip” of the party.
4. Back to the USSR
Feeling the nostalgia of the older generation for the Union and paying tribute to the childhood that many also passed during this period, you can organize a party on a “Soviet” theme. You can find an outfit for the holiday by sorting out a closet or closet at your parents’ house and buying all sorts of trinkets to decorate your home at the flea market. Olivier salad and sandwiches with sprats, a symbol of the “holiday” in the Soviet period, must be added to the menu. And the entertainment program can consist of competitions for the best political anecdote, for knowledge of quotes from Soviet films, or for inventing a new purpose for traditional household items, as Soviet people had to do because of the total shortage.
5. Gathering of superheroes
Adults love superheroes just as much as children, so this birthday party will be appreciated by a fan of Marvel Studios. The outfits of the participants should repeat or include elements of the costumes of their favorite characters; their toy figures and collages made from comics can act as decor. As for entertainment, you can arrange a quiz on the knowledge of comics, organize arm wrestling, passing a labyrinth of laser beams of pointers. If the party takes place in the country – add a competition for speed and agility, in the form of a race or conquering the top of a pine tree.
6. Gangster party in the style of Chicago in the 30s.
Ideal for fans of Hollywood films about Al Capone. Men must complement the outfit with a hat and a double-breasted jacket, and women with a straight dress with sequins or fringes and a wig with a bob hairstyle. The festival should play jazz, compositions performed by Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong. As a plot, you can use the idea of the movie “Only Girls in Jazz”, you can organize a quiz on knowledge of films about gangsters, open a closed lock at speed or play a bank robbery.
7. Solving the crime
It’s hard to find a more exciting topic than a detective story. Such a theme party can be designed in the style of a Sherlock Holmes story, where the birthday will take place in Victorian England, or perhaps the guests will have to be transported to the novels of Agatha Christie, Boris Akunin or Headley Chase. For entertainment, you can act out the classic story of the theft of diamonds, where the guests will be the suspects, and the birthday boy will be the detective. At the dacha, you can arrange a large-scale game of murder, where the winner will be the one who, using clues in the form of evidence, will quickly identify the mysterious criminal.
This is not a complete list of topics that you can choose for a bright extraordinary birthday, but only some ideas. If we talk about the most popular destinations, then this is a Hawaiian and pirate, space and Mexican party, an Oscar-style birthday party, based on the ideas of the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s and The Call. Events for adults do not lose their attractiveness, where the main “inspirer” is Play Boy magazines, and some like holidays in a glamorous style. In general, fantasy is limited only by two factors – financial capabilities and the taste of the one in whose honor the celebration is being held.
How to organize a real holiday?
Having decided to hold a birthday in the form of a bright, memorable celebration, a number of organizational issues should be resolved, and the more detailed all the little things are thought out, the more interesting and eventful the holiday will turn out to be.
After choosing the style in which the celebration will take place, it is necessary to determine the circle of guests, prepare invitations for them, which should correspond to the theme or type of event. It is advisable to call all the invitees in advance in order to know exactly the number of people who will come to the birthday party, so that it would be easier to plan a competitive and entertainment program.
The next step is to decide on the venue of the holiday. A number of requirements are put forward for him regarding the area where all the guests will have to fit in and the availability of the opportunity to organize a competitive program and entertainment. Practice shows that it is best to hold themed parties or birthdays in other not too traditional styles, in a country house or in a country house, on the territory of a country club or restaurant, where you can prepare tasks for quests and competitions in advance.
The design should correspond to the theme, as well as the menu, the compilation of which should not become a cornerstone problem. For such birthdays, it is best to prepare a light buffet, since the task of properly “eating and drinking” is no longer the key for guests. And lastly, contests. It is necessary to develop a script in detail, purchase props for their holding, buy medals and incentive prizes.
Of course, during the holiday, a lot can go wrong – but it’s not scary, because the main thing is that the guests and the birthday boy can have a great time, laugh and have fun in full, although if the event deviates greatly from the script, you need to tactfully return it to given framework.
Useful tips for beginners
To turn your birthday party into an exciting celebration that will be warmly remembered by all those present, do not forget a few professional tips when organizing it.
- First , you should appoint a person responsible for competitions and entertainment, for coordinating guests, for timely transition from the table to the competitive program. It is desirable that he act as a toastmaster or host of the evening, and in no case should this be the hero of the occasion. Try to find such a person in the list of friends and relatives, or you need to hire him, otherwise the birthday will slide from an organized event into a banal booze.
- Secondly , do not make the entertainment program too intense – it is enough to hold 2-3 competitions, between which there will be breaks for dancing, for a sweet table, for fireworks, if it is included in the holiday program. Do not forget that relatively sober guests must take part in the competition, so make sure that those who could not control themselves become spectators and fans.
- Thirdly , you do not need to cook a lot of complex dishes, serve hot separately and amaze guests with a 3-tiered cake. It is best to prepare light snacks, meat and vegetable cuts, sandwiches and canapes. Food is the last thing that interests guests at such holidays, they will pay much more attention to table setting, so do not forget about dishes and accessories that match the style of the event.
- And, last . Alcohol should be in moderation. Do not arrange “Who will drink more” contests, do not rush to drink the first three times in the first 2 minutes, do not immediately replace an empty bottle with a full one. Alcoholic drinks should be an addition to the holiday, helping guests to relax and unwind, and not lose their face.
So, from a mix of creativity, fantasy, the desire to please your guests and escape from the gray everyday life at least for a day, holidays are born that are remembered for a lifetime. Therefore, if you use this formula and do not forget the advice of specialists, legends will be composed on your birthday!