13th Birthday Party Ideas
Teenagers are quite independent and independent, but they still want a holiday. Entertainment and menus should no longer be for children, but also not quite for adults. You can arrange a birthday surprise only if there is a clear idea of preferences. You can spend a holiday both at home and in any institution.
Celebrating a birthday for a 13-year-old child needs to be fun and interesting. It is better if the teenager is only with his friends. With relatives, children feel uncomfortable and are unlikely to be able to fully enjoy the program. Much depends on the venue. Of course, it is much easier and more comfortable to organize a home holiday.
In this case, a theme party would be a good idea. You should take care of the design of the premises, competitions and costumes. The topic can be discussed with the birthday man, so as not to miscalculate. It is important that teenagers can feel free, so that they are not only fun, but also interested.
Children at the age of 13 have a good appetite, so treats should also be thought out in detail. The feast should not be too mature.
It is worth giving preference to “youth” dishes, for example, pizza, burgers. It makes sense to prepare salads and snacks, canapes. In addition to the cake, you can serve fruits and cocktails.
A standard holiday develops according to a certain pattern. First, you need to meet all the guests at home. The first feast is short, designed simply to satisfy hunger. Then it’s time to have fun, a variety of games are suitable for children: mafia, bowling, roller skating. It is worth choosing based on the venue of the holiday.
You can have a party at home. It is enough to prepare music and appropriate decorations for decorating the room. In this case, it makes sense to take care of the buffet table with snacks, salads and sweets. It is also important to provide plenty of drinks and cocktails. Laser and light special effects will add atmosphere to the holiday.
In conclusion, you can do something unusual and grandiose. Bengal lights, launching balloons or confetti fireworks – everything can be used.
This stage of the holiday can be kept secret from the birthday person, even if everything else was planned jointly. A spectacular spectacle will make the holiday more memorable.
The theme party looks interesting. For a girl, you can make a holiday based on your favorite cartoon, movie or book. Just a cute atmosphere with cats, unicorns and an airy cloudy setting will do. For a boy, it is worth developing a script for a computer game, this is the most popular option. A teenager’s birthday can be celebrated in the style of an autumn party or any other seasonal one.
Overview of contests and games
Entertainment should be fun and interesting. Team competitions are welcome, in which all guests can take part. It is important that no one gets bored on the sidelines during the holiday.
All games can be conditionally divided into calm, active and just cool. It is recommended to combine options from different categories.
Quiet entertainment is usually held at the very end of the holiday or at the very beginning. This is a great way to brighten up the time while some guests are late or some final preparations are being made. There are many quiet games. Let’s consider some of them.
- To the touch. You should prepare a bag with objects of different shapes. Additionally, you need to take a piece of paper and a pencil for each player. Each guest must put his hand into the bag and feel all the items. It is important that you can not get anything. You can even additionally put on blindfolds so that no one can peep. Then each player must write a list of things that are in the bag. The one who guesses the most things wins.
- Hands up. All guests are divided into 2 teams and sit on opposite sides of the table. The captains are seated along the edges. One team begins to quietly transfer a coin along the chain. At some point, the captain of the second team says: “Hands up!” and the participants from the first raise them with clenched fists. Then the phrase “Hands down!” – you need to put your open palms on the table so that the coin does not make a sound. Two players from the second team must guess who has the item. If successful, then the coin goes to the opponents. If guessing did not work out, then the item is sent again to the captain of the first team and everything starts anew.
- Guess. All participants should be given pieces of plasticine or clay for modeling. In the center of the table is a hat with cards on which the names of different animals are indicated. Players take turns taking out notes and sculpting the desired hero from plasticine. In two minutes everyone should stop. All participants must guess what kind of animal the opponents sculpted. Points are awarded for guessing the name. The one who scores the most points wins.
- Slow motion. You should prepare cards with the name of some action, for example, hiccups, laughter, chase, crying. Each player takes out an arbitrary phantom. The task is to reproduce the action from the card in slow motion.
Active competitions will be a good basis for the entertainment program. They allow you to create a fun atmosphere, relax teenagers and defuse the situation as a whole.
Consider the best active contests.
- Hold the pen. All guests are divided into teams of 3-5 people. Each group is given a pen. The task of the players is to keep the props in the air without touching them with their hands. The music is turned on for the duration of the task. As soon as she calms down, the competition ends.
- Headball. This is a head game, and a balloon is used as a ball. Guests are again divided into small teams of 2-3 people. To the music, you need to throw the ball with your head, without touching it with other parts of the body. The winner is the one who completes the task best.
- Do like me. One leader is selected from the guests. It must show some kind of movement or action. The rest of the players must repeat. Actions can be anything, even running, even somersaults. The game is very active and fun.
At teenage holidays, simple funny games and relay races are very popular.
- Baby feeding. All guests are divided into pairs. Each team is given a glass of milk and a small spoon. One player must feed everything to the second as quickly as possible.
- Orange. The main props can only be held with the help of the neck and chin. Orange must be passed around in a circle in this way. Even if the fruit falls, then you can only pick it up in the same way, without hands.
- Mods. Guests are divided into 2 teams, a suitcase with clothes is prepared for each. They should be placed at a short distance. In the allotted time, players must take turns running up to their suitcase and putting on the first thing that comes across. Those who use the most clothes win.
- Apple boom. A fruit is placed on the player’s head. You need to run to the other end of the room and back as soon as possible so that the apple does not fall.
How to diversify the script?
A standard home holiday follows the same pattern. First, all the guests gather, then some entertainment, a feast and again contests. There are interesting ways to diversify the holiday.
- Quest. You can order from professionals or arrange on your own, it does not matter. The quest can take place both indoors and outdoors.
Teenagers are easily immersed in the atmosphere of some event, movie or plot. Such entertainment combines riddles, tasks, active actions.
- Shooting a clip. A good solution if you have a beautiful outdoor area or a large room at your disposal. You can call a professional director, cameraman and costume designer, but this is not necessary. But the installation is definitely better left to professionals.
- Master classes. The subject can be anything. Techniques for painting fabrics, dishes, and retouching photographs are very popular. You can even arrange a culinary competition.
- Aquapark. True, in this case it is recommended to invite parents of teenagers to the holiday. Keeping track of all the guests will be too difficult, a big responsibility for other people’s children.
In most establishments, you can additionally choose an entertainment program with competitions and games on the water.
- Laser paintball. There are no paint balls here. You need to hit the target with the help of an invisible laser, and the shots themselves are accompanied by a sound for identification. This allows you to understand on the spot where the bullet flew. The suits have sensors that count hits.
The machine looks realistic, but it feels like the action is unfolding in a computer game.